Tuesday 27 September 2011

PINK CIGAR

Bedford Esquires 10-9-11







Why, gadzooks, shiver me timbers & stap me vitals!
 'Twas indeed a double bonus for your genial host & the breadknife this fair eve. 2 of the finest bands on the planet were appearing in the same room on the same night for the 2nd time this year. Oh lucky us!
Afore I go any further my dears, please feel free to download & use any of the shots on here (if they're considered any good). Just give me a namecheck hither & thither.
 Once again the fannerific Pink Cigar were on the same bill as the Heavy Metal Kids. Heaven!
 As these fine fellas were supporting the kids, their set was cut considerably shorter than normal, but boy did they make it count.










Kicking off with out & out rocker 'Ladykiller', the boys went forward with relentless pace. Ignoring the fact that the venue was so sparsely populated (& then some) such is their degree of professionalism; they played it like they were playing to a packed auditorium.
 2nd up was the newie that I'd been banging on about 'Blues to bed', such fantastic songwriting from such a young band. The future can only be rosy!
The atmospheric 'Strange' was followed by 'King of the world'. Awesome! 'This girl', 'Gypsy', 'Gen Nxt' & 'Throat' closed the set. Please excuse the abbreviation, but I'm reading from a snaffled setlist & the last  4 tunes are not songs I'm over familiar with, but it doesn't take Albert Einstein to work out that everyone's a classic in the making.











Now Sid the drummer was sporting a rather fetching Pink Cigar t-shirt (Flash Tightpocket enters ultra green with envy mode). Apparently it was a one-off, aaarrrrghh! I did offer him sufficient funding for said item but was politely declined. Hey your loss Sid, I was packing a whole twenty seven new pence & a weasels egg.
 Seriously though boys, when do we get to lay our hands on some serious Pink Cigar merchandise? Madame Tightpocket & me are positively salivating at the prospect.











My dears, please take heed, for here is knowledge. We have here 4 individual, talented characters: Sam, the dynamic, athletic bass player, Ed, distinctive guitar hero in the making, (I'm sure I saw him finger plucking) he also has the frayed good looks of every great rock star who ever existed, Sid, solid dependable powerhouse of a drummer; the backbone. Last but by no means least is Sharkie, vocalist with a husky, smoky voicebox par-excellence. This cat has bags of attitude a'la Jagger a'la Rotten & dare I say it, perhaps a touch of the great Andrew Matheson. Put together all these attributes & you have the makings of a very heady & intoxicating brew indeed.




 What I'm trying to say my dears, is this band are destined to be bloody huge. Bands as good as this come around once every blue moon, so listen to the ramblings of an old coffin dodger & get yourself along to witness them firsthand, you will not be disappointed. 
 They're already megastars it's just that a few million people don't know it YET!
Chin Chin.

2 comments:

  1. Hey do you have a facebook account? I would LOVE to chat to another big Pink Cigar fan x Leia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photos as usual, especially the ones of Sid. He's such a hottie. And I definitely second the band releasing merchandise, I would pay good money for a shirt like that. I made a Pink Cigar one last year, but it's not as good as Sid's.

    ReplyDelete