Tuesday 1 February 2011

Walter Lure in the U.K..

Northampton Legendary Labour club 15-10-10






After a suitably snotty breakfast in our Kings Cross fleapit of a hotel, Mrs Tightpocket & myself  hot-footed it the few hundred yards to K.K station & jumped on our non horse drawn carriage to Wakefield; caught a bus to dear old Pontefract & landed home at 2.30pm. A quick wash & brush up, a cup of coffee & we jumped into our rapidly decaying old jam jar & chugged our way down to Northampton. Phew!
 The Travelodge we stopped in offered fantastic value at £29. We troughed our way through a town centre bar meal & then finally !!!! it was time to hit the Legendary Labour club.
 On  first viewing the club was anything but 'legendary'. An end terrace house knocked through with hot & cold running damp & dry rot. But hey, what the hell, I shouldn't be such a snob. These people have gotten off their asses & in these dark days when money is tight, they're putting some pretty hot gigs on.
 Might I add; none more hot, nay even more Legendary than the great Walter Lure & once again the man delivered with some gusto.


 With only a slight change in set-list, the man once again led us through the tunes you can trust & no-one in the building wanted it any other way.
 I have to say that when taking photos of live bands it always helps to have a good lighting rig. The lighting rig in this place was a standard lamp in the corner of the room. Priceless!
  I have seen some strange things in my time, but after the show I saw one of the strangest. We were having a chat & a drink, with Waldo & Ossie the drummer, when a guy came up & kissed Walters hand. .Now come on, I know the man is held in high esteem in certain parts but that was ...er....creepy.
 Once again another wonderful evening had sadly, to come to a close.
 With just one more show left in the trilogy to look forward to, I bundled a heavily alcohol sedated Mrs Tightpocket into our waiting taxi & headed back to our hotel with it's hd-tv.
Completely satisfied & happy that I'd touched that famous orange & white striped tie.



 Chin chin my dears!!

No comments:

Post a Comment