Monday 21 November 2011

Walter Lure in the U.K..

Number 1 of a trilogy.
Nottingham: Old Angel: 3-11-11.
Oh my word!
 Has it really been a year since we last saw Uncle Walter on these shores? 
Thankfully, he didn't make us wait another 26 'til we got our Waldo fix. 'Er indoors & me were over the moon when we found out there was going to be another 3 gigs from The Man, & so soon after the last lot!
 Niiiiiiice !
 First port of call then; the Old Angel Inn in Nottingham. Only 65 miles from home & just over an hour away by car. I could get used to this.







 The Old Angel, is a tiny venue, (though we do prefer the word cozy) & the lighting rig is virtually non-existent, which means I had to use the infernal flash. (Damn it).
 'Twas absolutely grand bumping into friends old & new prior to the show.The Derellas, Jez, Ray & Ossie; lovely to see you blokes again. 
 Now I am certainly not going to bore you with Waldos' set list. Why? Because you all know which tooons Waldo & the boys played. It's the reason we all turned up here tonight, more of the same please my dears.







Since Uncle Walter arrived in the country, the boys had only had one rehearsal prior to this show. One rehearsal?? 'Gordon bloody Bennett'! These fine fellows tore it up in no uncertain terms, adding a whole new vitality to the tooons you can trust. Yer old mate Jez Miller sounded a real class act when handling the vocal duties normally associated with Herr Thunders & Coiro. 'Pirate Love' sending a real shudder down the back of my gregory. 
 Never before have I been to a gig which flew by like this. 'Twas the mere twinkling of an eye my little cherubs. Time certainly does fly when you're having fun.







Without further ado, Madame Tightpocket & me headed for the hills. (Well, the old pit stacks of Pontefract to be precise). For we did indeed have a busy day in front of us on the morrow. Many a bus & train did have to be caught & on time, if we were going to once again sample the delights of Mr Lure & his brethren. Not to mention the taste bud ticklers of the Kings Cross, Chop Chop Noodle house.
 By 2am we were tucked up in bed, but could I sleep? could I hell. We'd another 2 nights of musical ecstasy to get through. Niiiiice !







As ever, my dear faithful readers. Please feel free to nick, nab & snaffle any of the pictures should you so wish, for any purpose that you may desire. Hell, if they're not to your taste; .....then don't.
 See you very soon for part 2 my dears.



CHIN CHIN!




1 comment:

  1. Last of the great punk rocker! Walter Lure was charming, engaging, humble, witty and good looking to boost. My heart is broken into thousand of pieces . RIP sweet Walter 💔💔💔

    ReplyDelete