Wednesday 14 September 2011

HEAVY METAL KIDS.

Bedford Esquires: 10-9-11
 Greetings my dears & welcome to yet another post on the Heavy metal kids. Hey, you can't have too much of a good thing. 
 Alas, I'm going to have to keep the write up of this show very brief indeed (some may say this is a good thing) as Madame Tightpocket & myself are readying ourselves to jet off to sunnier climes with my 13 year old, wallet draining skateboarder, so time is of the essence.







 'Twas a sin & a shame that this show was so sparseley populated. Maybe this was due to the fact that Adam Ant was playing a show just up the road. (There's no accounting for some folks taste). Shame on you my dears, for you did indeed miss one of the finest shows I've seen yet, from this incarnation of the H.M.K.







The sound out front was pretty damn flawless & I have to say Justins voice goes from strength to strength. Tonights show was the best I've heard him yet. Everyone of the Kids delivered tonight. Ronnie especially delivered with interest, as we were treated to some of his bad jokes & tales of serial killers. Keith & Cosmo, masters of their craft & true technicians. The only blip of the evening, coming when Justins severed head landed in Keiths lap. What I'd like to know is, where does he hide all the bodies?








Aaah yes, the severed head, the silent member of the band. During 'the cops are coming' our Justin did indeed indulge himself in some serious abuse of this poor fella. By the way, does the head have a name? We have a right to know.
Glad this guy's not dating my mum.







Boys & girls, we live in an age where money is scarce & we're supposed to be in the middle of a recession. Yet people can find the hundreds of pounds to see bloated self indulgent acts in massive stadia where all they can really see is their heroes on a big screen. Do yourselves a favour my little cherubs. Next time the H.M.K are playing a town near you, pay the paltry few quid it costs to get in & witness a real close quarters rock'n'roll show with the emphasis on F.U.N. they're all absolute gentlemen & are completely approachable with a wealth of stories to tell. If the drummer can fly from Toulouse for every gig, I'm sure the most of us can make it through our front door & down the road to see 'em. If you're feeling flush, buy 'em a pint. Go on, you know it makes sense.








Should you happen to see a real salad dodger taking photographs, with a stunning wife at these shows, then please remember that he drinks lager.
The Heavy Metal Kids. We Bloody Love 'em!








As ever me old shipmates, please feel free to download, use & abuse any of these shots. 
 Me? I must be off. I've got a plane to catch.
Chin chin my dears. See you in a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment